Accreditation sends a clear message. It says your certification or inspection body can be counted on to perform its duties – in an authoritative and impartial way. It flags that you have been approved by an independent third-party as a professional body that acts with integrity when certifying or inspecting for conformity assessment.
Third-party accreditation is recognised around the world as the highest and most credible type a certification or inspection body can obtain.
WHY DO BACB MEMBERS GO TO THE TROUBLE AND COST OF BECOMING ACCREDITED?
Accreditation is internationally recognized, and is a symbol of assurance that offers BACB members and their clients many direct benefits.
- Highlights the competence and credibility of the certification body/inspection body/training body.
- Confirms that the certification body is independent and impartial.
- Provides BACB members are their clients international recognition with the Bangladesh Accreditation Board (BAB) has formal arrangements with.
- Enables BACB members to benchmark ongoing performance against relevant standards.
- Informs our clients that we have met the highest level of assessment and professionalism in the industry.
- Flags our ability to meet mandatory regularly requirements.
- Strengthens our ability to compete overall in a market where non – accredited certification bodies/inspection bodies/training bodies purport to offer the same service as accredited certification bodies.
Accreditation throughout the market chain is increasingly important. The business world we live in is growing quickly and is highly complex with many inspectors and certifiers operating without accreditation. This is risky for all players, right through to the ultimate consumer.
Without having certification delivered through an accredited certification body/inspection body/training body there is no certainty that goods and services can be depended upon. On the other hand, accreditation provides certainty in a world where standardization and certification/inspection/training are an integral part of the global economy. And it supports trade and commerce.